Founder’s Toast – Thursday, February 26th, 2015
Many brothers across the country celebrated together to commemorate the fraternity’s 21st year and to recognize the hard work of the founding fathers and the founders of each chapter. The event was a great opportunity to catch up on old times and to meet new brothers.
Establishing an Alumni Association
Our fraternity has now surpassed 2,400 brothers, and has over 2,000 alumni. Alumni have different needs, focuses, and a risk profile from the actives, and in recognizing this, it is now time to form a separate Alumni Association to not only tend to the needs and interest of the Alumni, but also to provide an avenue for Alumni to be able to better support actives across the nation.
Quick Highlights on National Projects
- A team is working on setting up a 501(c)(3) Pi Delta Psi Foundation to establish an Asian Youth Mentoring Program to provide leadership training and focus on issues with mental health and bullying. It is our hope that by molding the leaders of tomorrow at the high school level, when they graduate and go to college, they can become future members of Pi Delta Psi or start strong chapters in new schools.
- The Alumni Focus Group had a kickoff meeting on Tuesday, 2/24 and had a very frank, but lively discussion about the future of the fraternity and where to go from here. The focus group has been divided into 3 focused committees, and will form the foundation of the new Alumni Association:
- Organizational Structure
- The technology team is working on converting our legacy reporting system (CSR) into an online system that will be able to provide real-time data to track chapter progress and combined with a New Member Education Online system, will automatically insert newly crossed brothers into the national roster. Both the Online CSR and NME systems are on track to be rolled out in time for the Fall 2015 class.
- National Board is having an internal Audit on National Policies and Procedures to address deficiencies in our procedures and streamline our processes.
If you are interested in learning more about our efforts in establishing the Alumni Association, join in the discussion on the national forums here: https://www.pideltapsi.com/restricted/forums/index.php?board=117.0. If you have any issues logging in or need a password reset, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. More detailed updates can also be found on the national forums.
Goal – $75,000
Raised to Date (As of 3/13/2015) – $5,195.00 (6.9%)
Thank you to the following brothers for your generous donations!
- Sammy Wong (Alpha Chapter – SUNY Binghamton)
- Bill Lu (University of Minnesota Colony)
- Magesh Alagiriraj (Theta Chapter – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- Ronny Chow (Alpha Chapter – SUNY Binghamton)
- Kevin Lee (Zeta Chapter – New York University)
- Johnny Dang (Sigma Chapter – University of Florida)
- Kenny Lo (Gamma Chapter – Hofstra University)
- Albert Liang (Nu Chapter – Carnegie Mellon University)
- Victor Yin (Delta Chapter – SUNY Stony Brook)
- Andrew Tse (Alpha Chapter – SUNY Binghamton)
- Michael Nation (Chi Chapter – University of South Florida)
- Christopher Murata (Alpha Chapter – SUNY Binghamton)
- Steve Kwan (Tau Chapter – Pennsylvania State University)
- Christopher Hsu (Omicron Chapter – George Washington University)
- Eric Kwok (Pi Chapter – University of Maryland College Park)
- James Kim (Pi Chapter – University of Maryland College Park)
- Eric Chan (University of Colorado Colony)
- Kevin Kim (Lambda Chapter – Rutgers University)
- Brandon Chu (Lambda Chapter – Rutgers University)
- Chris Ngo (Xi Chapter – University of Massachusetts Amherst)
- Andrew Son (Iota Chapter – University of Rochester)
- Taro Miyabayashi (Chi Chapter – University of South Florida)
- Randolph Zuniga (Rho Chapter – University of California Riverside)
- Thomas Wang (Omega Chapter – University of Connecticut)
How to Donate:
Donations can be made via credit card, debit card, or Paypal through the following e-mail address: email@example.com or checks made payable to:
Pi Delta Psi Fraternity
176-25 Union Turnpike; #378
Fresh Meadows, NY 11366
(When sending checks, please send an email to BOD@pideltapsi.com with your name and amount)
For more information regarding financials, frequently asked questions, etc., we have set up a temporary page with the information: https://www.pideltapsi.com/restricted/Temp/.
Please contact Andrew Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the generic username/password.