Pi Delta Psi is an Asian American Cultural Fraternity founded on February 20, 1994 at Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York. Since our founding, the primary mission of Pi Delta Psi has been to spread Asian American Cultural awareness in an effort to empower the entire Asian American community. We are guided by four pillars; Academic Achievement, Cultural Awareness, Righteousness, and Friendship/Loyalty. Pi Delta Psi is also a founding member of the National APIA Panhellenic Association (NAPA).
Pi Delta Psi was founded on these principles to help promote Asian awareness amongst ourselves and throughout the community. We envisioned this to be possible by going out of the boundaries of an organization and creating a fraternity on the basis of common goals and ideals in the form of a brotherhood.
By 2000, Pi Delta Psi had expanded to 11 prestigious campuses spanning four states, setting a record for the fastest growing organization of its kind since inception. With a fierce growth in the brotherhood and a strengthened alumni base, the fraternity rebuilt its National Council in 1999, standardizing Pi Delta Psi throughout all its chapters.
Today, the Fraternity continues to grow in size and prestige. What began as a dream for the eleven founders, has become the work and dedication of hundreds across the country and across seas.
The Founding Fathers_
The current national philanthropy of Pi Delta Psi is the Asia Foundation. The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, their work across the region addresses five overarching goals:
- Strengthening Governance o Foster open, effective, and accountable systems of government
- Empowering Women o Advance rights and opportunities of women and girls; promote gender equality throughout Asia
- Increasing Environmental Resilience o Increase resilience to the threats of natural disasters and climate change, improve management of natural resources, and reduce environmental threats
- Promoting International Cooperation o Promote understanding, cooperation, peace, and shared prosperity across the Asia-Pacific and the U.S.
- Expand Economic Opportunity o Contribute to the more inclusive economic growth and development across Asia at the local, national, and regional level
Chapters & Colonies_
Pi Delta Psi is the fastest growing Asian American Fraternity of its kind; having expanded to 10 Chapters within it's FIRST 5 years. Each Chapter is fully recognized by their respective institutions, reflecting our commitment to cooperate with administrators and the overall campus community.
What began with 11 determined men, has grown into one of the largest Asian American fraternities in the country. Below, you'll find contact information and weblinks to each of our chapters. If you're interested in bringing Pi Delta Psi to your school, please refer to our Expansion Section.