Pi Delta Psi is an Asian American Cultural Fraternity founded on February 20, 1994 at Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York. Since our founding, the primary mission of Pi Delta Psi has been to spread Asian American Cultural awareness in an effort to empower the entire Asian American community. We are guided by four pillars; Academic Achievement, Cultural Awareness, Righteousness, and Friendship/Loyalty. Pi Delta Psi is also a founding member of the National APIA Panhellenic Association (NAPA).
The current national philanthropy of Pi Delta Psi is the Asia Foundation. The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, their work across the region addresses five overarching goals:
- Strengthening Governance o Foster open, effective, and accountable systems of government
- Empowering Women o Advance rights and opportunities of women and girls; promote gender equality throughout Asia
- Increasing Environmental Resilience o Increase resilience to the threats of natural disasters and climate change, improve management of natural resources, and reduce environmental threats
- Promoting International Cooperation o Promote understanding, cooperation, peace, and shared prosperity across the Asia-Pacific and the U.S.
- Expand Economic Opportunity o Contribute to the more inclusive economic growth and development across Asia at the local, national, and regional level